Vermont Telephone Co., Inc. is looking for a strong Network Engineer to assist in support and continued development of next-generation network providing triple-play and wireless services, as well as maintain daily operations and evolution of our backbone network.
Job Location: Springfield, VT, USA
- Participate in Vermont Telephone Co., Inc. core network architecture development, including network evolution and vision, market expansions, new technologies roll out, MPLS, IPv6, product offering etc…
- Contribute to Vermont Telephone Co., Inc. network security evolution and implementation
- Support initial investigation and lab validation for new technologies
- On-call as one of the escalation engineering resource
- Onsite deployment of network equipment
- Provide network and services support to internal clients as well as external high priority customers or escalations from first-level support
- Estimated 5-10% travel needed
Desirable Qualifications (any of the following):
- 3+ years as Network Engineer in a service provider, or similar role
- Excellent understanding of OSPF and BGP, including operations of both protocols for large networks
- Network security experience, including firewall and IDS/IPS appliances/functions
- Alcatel-Lucent IP Routing certified or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of mobile wireless networks; LTE – specifically, RF, MME, S/P GW, and HSS
- Metaswitch or other softswitch/VoIP experience
- Linux shell and scripting
How to apply:
Customer Service Representative
Application deadline: Until filled
Reports to: Supervisor, Sales and Care Center
Several Customer Advocates are needed to work in Springfield, VT. This important role at our company requires a dependable and friendly personality to serve as the front line of customer interaction. Candidate will handle customer calls, emails and online chat inquiries to customer questions, service issues and disputes. Candidate will also be responsible for selling products and services to our customers and recommending a complete technology solution to best fit their needs.
An ideal applicant for our company will be eager to start a career in sales and customer service or expand their resume in the field of telecommunications and wireless 4G/LTE technologies. On-site training is provided. Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
Primary functions will include:
- Explaining our technology to customers by email, phone and online chat.
- Sells and promotes products and services offered by company to new and existing customers. Uses techniques such as up-selling, suggestive selling and offering sales promotions to make sales. Cross sells products and services by promoting bundles. Maintains a high-level knowledge of company products, services, service territories, pricing and technical capabilities/limitations, hardware and others necessary information to reach the customer.
- Works with customers in person (and by phone, online chat and email) to answer questions regarding service, features, options, upgrades, and billing/payment concerns. Initiates service orders to begin, upgrade or terminate service, and initiates number ports as requested to begin service. Refers the customer to the appropriate department for a service trouble and initiates a trouble ticket if necessary.
- Accepts and posts payments to customer accounts. Investigates and resolves customer billing issues, applies approved credits/adjustments, and confers with other departments to resolve billing issues. Establishes payment arrangements and security deposits with customers according to credit policy guidelines for delinquent accounts. Assists with processing insufficient checks and related correspondence. Follows CPNI regulations and procedures when accessing customer accounts. Escalates issues to the Customer Sales Coordinator or Supervisor as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as filing, data entry and record maintenance. Responsible for maintenance of carrier information and related correspondence for customer and Company use. Assists with processing batch payments and applying monthly recurring credit card payments. Assists with disconnection process for non-payment.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret computer reports.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments.
- Ability to complete work accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to listen to the customer, determine needs and suggest appropriate technology solutions.
- Ability to speak in a clear, understandable and friendly voice with customers and co-workers.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and a positive attitude.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
This role requires employee to work independently in a self-directed manner on assigned tasks and customer requests. Employee communicates regularly with customers and team members, requiring excellent communication skills by phone and in person. Proficient use of MS Excel, Word is required.
How to apply:
Technical Support Staff
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Configuring customer equipment to connect to the Internet, for DSL, and FTTH Internet customers either wired or wireless
- Performing accurate creation of new accounts and maintaining existing accounts, using company provided software tools
- Monitoring and troubleshooting customer services logically, utilizing company provided software tools
- Providing customers with product and service information to enhance sales and customer service
- Answering customer calls respectfully and patiently. Troubleshooting connectivity issues for both DSL and dial-up, using a broad range of tools and experience
- Completing trouble tickets. Setting up email account in various email clients. Familiarity with a broad range of setting and configurations in a variety of email clients
- Testing, packaging and programming modems, routers and netbooks
- Monitoring and responding to customer voicemails and emails
- Familiarity with computer hardware and/or electronics
- Customer service background
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Internet-related applications, such as e-mail clients, FTP clients, and web browsers
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Experienced with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), dependability, and flexibility are key
This job is part-time, averaging 15-18 hours per week after training.
How to apply:
Help your neighbors AND make extra money this summer?
VTel Wireless is a family-owned company that has built an advanced-technology 4G/LTE rural Vermont wireless Internet network, and we’re looking for a few friendly Vermonters who know the streets and country roads of their Vermont home-towns. Make $1,000 a month or more. Pick your own hours. Drive your own vehicles. Wear a VTel Wireless t-shirt. Teachers, students, farmers, professionals, or entire school baseball teams are all welcome. Help make rural Vermont a better place.*
We want you to drive along your nearby streets with a VTel Wireless lightweight and portable modem, where your neighbors want more, faster, better Internet. Check for strong wireless signal strength. Knock on doors to recruit new customers, host a meeting at your church, invite your local library to lend out VTel Wireless modems, set up a lemonade stand; whatever works! Make $50 per new customer, get some fresh air, and have fun.
*VTel is not seeking to hire employees or enter into employment relationships with individuals who respond to this ad. Each individual will be asked to sign an agreement clarifying the terms of the relationship between the individual and VTel before selling may begin.