Customer Advocate/Account Specialist
Application deadline: Until filled
Reports to: Supervisor, Sales and Care Center
Multiple Customer Advocates are needed to work in Springfield, VT. This important role at our company requires a dependable and friendly personality to serve as the front line of customer interaction. Candidate will handle customer calls, emails, online chat as well as in-person inquiries to customer questions, service issues and disputes. Candidate will also be responsible for selling products and services to our customers and recommending a complete technology solution to best fit their needs.
An ideal applicant for our company will be eager to start a career in sales and customer service or expand their resume in the field of telecommunications and wireless 4G/LTE technologies. This applicant will be ambitious, flexible and a self-starter. The applicant would also need to be a master of multi-tasking. Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
Primary functions will include:
- Explaining our technology to customers by email, phone and online chat.
- Sells and promotes products and services offered by company to new and existing customers. Uses techniques such as up-selling, suggestive selling and offering sales promotions to make sales. Cross sells products and services by promoting bundles. Maintains a high-level knowledge of company products, services, service territories, pricing and technical capabilities/limitations, hardware and others necessary information to reach the customer.
- Works with customers in person (and by phone, online chat and email) to answer questions regarding service, features, options, upgrades, and billing/payment concerns. Initiates service orders to begin, upgrade or terminate service, and initiates number ports as requested to begin service. Refers the customer to the appropriate department for a service trouble and initiates a trouble ticket if necessary.
- Accepts and posts payments to customer accounts. Investigates and resolves customer billing issues, applies approved credits/adjustments, and confers with other departments to resolve billing issues. Establishes payment arrangements and security deposits with customers according to credit policy guidelines for delinquent accounts. Assists with processing insufficient checks and related correspondence. Follows CPNI regulations and procedures when accessing customer accounts. Escalates issues to the Customer Sales Coordinator or Supervisor as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as filing, data entry and record maintenance. Responsible for maintenance of carrier information and related correspondence for customer and Company use. Assists with processing batch payments and applying monthly recurring credit card payments. Assists with disconnection process for non-payment.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret computer reports.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments.
- Ability to complete work accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to listen to the customer, determine needs and suggest appropriate technology solutions.
- Ability to speak in a clear, understandable and friendly voice with customers and co-workers.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and a positive attitude.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
This role requires employee to work independently in a self-directed manner on assigned tasks and customer requests. Employee communicates regularly with customers and team members, requiring excellent communication skills by phone and in person. Proficient use of MS Excel, Word is required.
How to apply:
Technical Support Staff
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Configuring customer equipment to connect to the Internet, for DSL, and FTTH Internet customers either wired or wireless
- Performing accurate creation of new accounts and maintaining existing accounts, using company provided software tools
- Monitoring and troubleshooting customer services logically, utilizing company provided software tools
- Providing customers with product and service information to enhance sales and customer service
- Answering customer calls respectfully and patiently. Troubleshooting connectivity issues for both DSL and dial-up, using a broad range of tools and experience
- Completing trouble tickets. Setting up email account in various email clients. Familiarity with a broad range of setting and configurations in a variety of email clients
- Testing, packaging and programming modems, routers and netbooks
- Monitoring and responding to customer voicemails and emails
- Familiarity with computer hardware and/or electronics
- Customer service background
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Internet-related applications, such as e-mail clients, FTP clients, and web browsers
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Experienced with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), dependability, and flexibility are key
This job is part-time, averaging 15-18 hours per week after training.
How to apply:
Vermont Telephone Co., Inc. has an opening for a full-time Service Technician in the state of Vermont. Service Technician: installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains products and equipment that VTel sells and or leases (VoIP, IPTV, LTE and high speed data—Ethernet). In addition, perform work associated with splicing and maintaining outside plan facilities and equipment. You will also be responsible for installs, splices, repairs and maintain aerial, buried and/or underground fiber optic cables. You will need to be knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of telecommunications
As a technician, you will have direct, face-to-face contact with our customers and are expected to be proactive with the sales of VTel services and products. Services include, but are not limited to, Telephony, IPTV/LTE, Internet and/or high speed networks. Individuals in this role will exceed customer expectations by performing excellent customer service. Products & Services include (but are not limited to): Local Service, Central Office, Structured Cabling, (moves, adds and changes).
Job Location: Springfield, VT, USA
- Installs, troubleshoots, tests, splices, repairs, and maintains telephone equipment and general network equipment, customer premise equipment, IP equipment and programming for Voice, Video, LTE, and fiber optic/copper facilities for the products & services VTel offers.
- Identifies location of defective cable using various test equipment and repairs buried, aerial, underground and/or customer cable. Locates cable and fiber in response to customer requests and/or construction needs. Locates, identifies and marks company underground and buried facilities to prevent facilities from being damaged. Performs cable fault acceptance tests on newly constructed facilities.
- Pole climbing.
- Provides trouble shooting support techniques and corrections. Responds to “trouble’ dispatches.
- Provides excellent customer service. Proactively educates and sells VTel products and services to customers.
- Performs project management of the installation of systems and performs related functions as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in Saturday work rotation and share the On-Call duties with others.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Associate degree (or higher) with 2+ years basic technical telecommunications experience OR 4+ years technical experience with telecommunications products and/or services.
- 6+ months of basic fiber optic and/or copper cable splicing and repair, installation and repair or switch training.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Requires an understanding of telecommunications products and services: inside Wiring/Cable, Internet/Intranet, Bonding & Grounding, Data & Computers/Transmission Concepts, Fiber Optic Transmission, Static Sensitive Equipment, Color Codes, Structured Wiring, Video/CATV/DBS Installation, Inventory Systems, Cable Locating, Battery Maintenance, Switch Maintenance, Special Circuits, Fiber Terminals, T-1s, Voice & Data, Testing & Certifying Loops to Support Data, Voice and/or Video.
- Experience with VoIP installation and repair is desired.
- Practical knowledge/experience with computer applications including (but not limited to): trouble/Repair/Dispatch Systems, Plant Record Systems, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Explorer.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated customer service and sales skills, as well as effective communications skills (verbal and written) for interaction with internal and external customers.
- Paid time off, Holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending ,Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
How to apply:
Help your neighbors AND make extra money this summer?
VTel Wireless is a family-owned company that has built an advanced-technology 4G/LTE rural Vermont wireless Internet network, and we’re looking for a few friendly Vermonters who know the streets and country roads of their Vermont home-towns. Make $1,000 a month or more. Pick your own hours. Drive your own vehicles. Wear a VTel Wireless t-shirt. Teachers, students, farmers, professionals, or entire school baseball teams are all welcome. Help make rural Vermont a better place.*
We want you to drive along your nearby streets with a VTel Wireless lightweight and portable modem, where your neighbors want more, faster, better Internet. Check for strong wireless signal strength. Knock on doors to recruit new customers, host a meeting at your church, invite your local library to lend out VTel Wireless modems, set up a lemonade stand; whatever works! Make $50 per new customer, get some fresh air, and have fun.
*VTel is not seeking to hire employees or enter into employment relationships with individuals who respond to this ad. Each individual will be asked to sign an agreement clarifying the terms of the relationship between the individual and VTel before selling may begin.