Technical Support Staff
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Configuring customer equipment to connect to the Internet, for DSL, and FTTH Internet customers either wired or wireless
- Performing accurate creation of new accounts and maintaining existing accounts, using company provided software tools
- Monitoring and troubleshooting customer services logically, utilizing company provided software tools
- Providing customers with product and service information to enhance sales and customer service
- Answering customer calls respectfully and patiently. Troubleshooting connectivity issues for both DSL and dial-up, using a broad range of tools and experience
- Completing trouble tickets. Setting up email account in various email clients. Familiarity with a broad range of setting and configurations in a variety of email clients
- Testing, packaging and programming modems, routers and netbooks
- Monitoring and responding to customer voicemails and emails
- Familiarity with computer hardware and/or electronics
- Customer service background
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Internet-related applications, such as e-mail clients, FTP clients, and web browsers
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Experienced with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), dependability, and flexibility are key
This job is part-time, averaging 15-18 hours per week after training.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Vermont Telephone Co., Inc. has an opening for a full-time Service Technician in the state of Vermont. Service Technician: installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains products and equipment that VTel sells and or leases (VoIP, IPTV, LTE and high speed data—Ethernet). In addition, perform work associated with splicing and maintaining outside plan facilities and equipment. You will also be responsible for installs, splices, repairs and maintain aerial, buried and/or underground fiber optic cables. You will need to be knowledgeable of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of telecommunications
As a technician, you will have direct, face-to-face contact with our customers and are expected to be proactive with the sales of VTel services and products. Services include, but are not limited to, Telephony, IPTV/LTE, Internet and/or high speed networks. Individuals in this role will exceed customer expectations by performing excellent customer service. Products & Services include (but are not limited to): Local Service, Central Office, Structured Cabling, (moves, adds and changes).
Job Location: Springfield, VT, USA
- Installs, troubleshoots, tests, splices, repairs, and maintains telephone equipment and general network equipment, customer premise equipment, IP equipment and programming for Voice, Video, LTE, and fiber optic/copper facilities for the products & services VTel offers.
- Identifies location of defective cable using various test equipment and repairs buried, aerial, underground and/or customer cable. Locates cable and fiber in response to customer requests and/or construction needs. Locates, identifies and marks company underground and buried facilities to prevent facilities from being damaged. Performs cable fault acceptance tests on newly constructed facilities.
- Pole climbing.
- Provides trouble shooting support techniques and corrections. Responds to “trouble’ dispatches.
- Provides excellent customer service. Proactively educates and sells VTel products and services to customers.
- Performs project management of the installation of systems and performs related functions as requested by supervisor.
- Participate in Saturday work rotation and share the On-Call duties with others.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Associate degree (or higher) with 2+ years basic technical telecommunications experience OR 4+ years technical experience with telecommunications products and/or services.
- 6+ months of basic fiber optic and/or copper cable splicing and repair, installation and repair or switch training.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Requires an understanding of telecommunications products and services: inside Wiring/Cable, Internet/Intranet, Bonding & Grounding, Data & Computers/Transmission Concepts, Fiber Optic Transmission, Static Sensitive Equipment, Color Codes, Structured Wiring, Video/CATV/DBS Installation, Inventory Systems, Cable Locating, Battery Maintenance, Switch Maintenance, Special Circuits, Fiber Terminals, T-1s, Voice & Data, Testing & Certifying Loops to Support Data, Voice and/or Video.
- Experience with VoIP installation and repair is desired.
- Practical knowledge/experience with computer applications including (but not limited to): trouble/Repair/Dispatch Systems, Plant Record Systems, MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS Explorer.
- Ability to work and make decisions independently with little or no supervision.
- Demonstrated customer service and sales skills, as well as effective communications skills (verbal and written) for interaction with internal and external customers.
- Paid time off, Holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending ,Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help your neighbors AND make extra money this summer?
VTel Wireless is a family-owned company that has built an advanced-technology 4G/LTE rural Vermont wireless Internet network, and we’re looking for a few friendly Vermonters who know the streets and country roads of their Vermont home-towns. Make $1,000 a month or more. Pick your own hours. Drive your own vehicles. Wear a VTel Wireless t-shirt. Teachers, students, farmers, professionals, or entire school baseball teams are all welcome. Help make rural Vermont a better place.*
We want you to drive along your nearby streets with a VTel Wireless lightweight and portable modem, where your neighbors want more, faster, better Internet. Check for strong wireless signal strength. Knock on doors to recruit new customers, host a meeting at your church, invite your local library to lend out VTel Wireless modems, set up a lemonade stand; whatever works! Make $50 per new customer, get some fresh air, and have fun.
Email Kristen Bruso, at email@example.com or call: 802-885-7770.
*VTel is not seeking to hire employees or enter into employment relationships with individuals who respond to this ad. Each individual will be asked to sign an agreement clarifying the terms of the relationship between the individual and VTel before selling may begin.