Technical Support Staff
- Configuring customer equipment to connect to the Internet, for DSL, and FTTH Internet customers either wired or wireless
- Performing accurate creation of new accounts and maintaining existing accounts, using company provided software tools
- Monitoring and troubleshooting customer services logically, utilizing company provided software tools
- Providing customers with product and service information to enhance sales and customer service
- Answering customer calls respectfully and patiently. Troubleshooting connectivity issues for both DSL and dial-up, using a broad range of tools and experience
- Completing trouble tickets. Setting up email account in various email clients. Familiarity with a broad range of setting and configurations in a variety of email clients
- Testing, packaging and programming modems, routers and netbooks
- Monitoring and responding to customer voicemails and emails
- Familiarity with computer hardware and/or electronics
- Customer service background
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Internet-related applications, such as e-mail clients, FTP clients, and web browsers
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Experienced with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), dependability, and flexibility are key
This job is part-time, averaging 15-18 hours per week after training.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer Sales Intern – 2020
Potential to earn $10,000+ THIS SUMMER selling VTel’s Fiber Internet, HD Phone, Video and VTel Wireless 4G LTE.
- Start Date: May 1st, 2020 or later (will work with candidate)
- End Date: August 31st, 2020 or sooner (will work with candidate)
Summer Sales Interns will work with Vermont Telephone Company and VTel Wireless to sell dynamic, state-of-the-art telecommunication technologies, including, but not limited to: fiber optic internet, television, HD phone and 4G LTE home and mobile internet solutions. This is a full-time, paid opportunity. Accepted sales interns will have direct interaction with our customers and vendors as they develop and execute their own communication skills, as well as learn innovative and intricate sales techniques. In addition to selling our products in a variety of settings, which will include limited travel and phone/email sales, interns will research and formally report on market opportunities, observe routine sales, marketing and development presentations/meetings, and assist business systems with improvement initiatives.
Sales Interns will be paid an hourly base wage, plus a generous commission structure which will tie into weekly and monthly quotas. Interns are expected to work 10am-7pm/daily, Monday-Friday.
• Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
• Assist with execution of trade shows
• Assist in routine door-to-door sales and door knocking
• Practice cold calling, when needed
• Attend, assist in the planning of, and execute promotional events
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Provide support to social media efforts
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Prepare presentations
• A naturally charismatic, outgoing, college student who has completed their Freshman Year of College and graduating within the next three years or enrolled in a two-year program and have or will have completed 30 credit hours by May 20th, 2020.
• An applicant who is not afraid of hard work and enjoys being in a busy sales office as well as independently in the field. Specifically, we are seeking someone who is comfortable with multitasking and can manage multiple deadlines, as well as being comfortable working under pressure.
• Valid driver’s license is required, as well as reliable transportation to and from work.
• Applications must include a resume and letter of interest.
• Applicants are most preferred in fields of: Marketing, Business, Communications, Economics, although all applicants are welcome.
• If you are an upcoming college senior and graduating within 6 to 8 months, please let us know. We may have a unique ability to adapt this internship to a formal role.
How to apply:
Submit resume to the Business Office: email@example.com
Help your neighbors AND make extra money this summer?
VTel Wireless is a family-owned company that has built an advanced-technology 4G/LTE rural Vermont wireless Internet network, and we’re looking for a few friendly Vermonters who know the streets and country roads of their Vermont home-towns. Make $1,000 a month or more. Pick your own hours. Drive your own vehicles. Wear a VTel Wireless t-shirt. Teachers, students, farmers, professionals, or entire school baseball teams are all welcome. Help make rural Vermont a better place.*
We want you to drive along your nearby streets with a VTel Wireless lightweight and portable modem, where your neighbors want more, faster, better Internet. Check for strong wireless signal strength. Knock on doors to recruit new customers, host a meeting at your church, invite your local library to lend out VTel Wireless modems, set up a lemonade stand; whatever works! Make $50 per new customer, get some fresh air, and have fun.
How to apply:
Email Kristen Bruso, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 802-885-7770.
*VTel is not seeking to hire employees or enter into employment relationships with individuals who respond to this ad. Each individual will be asked to sign an agreement clarifying the terms of the relationship between the individual and VTel before selling may begin.