Application deadline: Until filled
Reports to: Supervisor, Sales and Care Center
Multiple Account Specialists are needed to work in Springfield, VT. This important role at our company requires a dependable and friendly personality to serve as the front line of customer interaction. Candidate will handle customer calls, emails, online chat as well as in-person inquiries to customer questions, service issues and disputes. Candidate will also be responsible for selling products and services to our customers and recommending a complete technology solution to best fit their needs.
An ideal applicant for our company will be eager to start a career in sales and customer service or expand their resume in the field of telecommunications and wireless 4G/LTE technologies. This applicant will be ambitious, flexible and a self-starter. The applicant would also need to be a master of multi-tasking. Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
Primary functions will include:
- Explaining our technology to customers by email, phone and online chat.
- Sells and promotes products and services offered by company to new and existing customers. Uses techniques such as up-selling, suggestive selling and offering sales promotions to make sales. Cross sells products and services by promoting bundles. Maintains a high-level knowledge of company products, services, service territories, pricing and technical capabilities/limitations, hardware and others necessary information to reach the customer.
- Works with customers in person (and by phone, online chat and email) to answer questions regarding service, features, options, upgrades, and billing/payment concerns. Initiates service orders to begin, upgrade or terminate service, and initiates number ports as requested to begin service. Refers the customer to the appropriate department for a service trouble and initiates a trouble ticket if necessary.
- Accepts and posts payments to customer accounts. Investigates and resolves customer billing issues, applies approved credits/adjustments, and confers with other departments to resolve billing issues. Establishes payment arrangements and security deposits with customers according to credit policy guidelines for delinquent accounts. Assists with processing insufficient checks and related correspondence. Follows CPNI regulations and procedures when accessing customer accounts. Escalates issues to the Customer Sales Coordinator or Supervisor as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as filing, data entry and record maintenance. Responsible for maintenance of carrier information and related correspondence for customer and Company use. Assists with processing batch payments and applying monthly recurring credit card payments. Assists with disconnection process for non-payment.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret computer reports.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and handle multiple work assignments.
- Ability to complete work accurately under time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and various business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to listen to the customer, determine needs and suggest appropriate technology solutions.
- Ability to speak in a clear, understandable and friendly voice with customers and co-workers.
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and a positive attitude.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
This role requires employee to work independently in a self-directed manner on assigned tasks and customer requests. Employee communicates regularly with customers and team members, requiring excellent communication skills by phone and in person. Proficient use of MS Excel, Word is required.
How to apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Support Staff
- Configuring customer equipment to connect to the Internet, for DSL, and FTTH Internet customers either wired or wireless
- Performing accurate creation of new accounts and maintaining existing accounts, using company provided software tools
- Monitoring and troubleshooting customer services logically, utilizing company provided software tools
- Providing customers with product and service information to enhance sales and customer service
- Answering customer calls respectfully and patiently. Troubleshooting connectivity issues for both DSL and dial-up, using a broad range of tools and experience
- Completing trouble tickets. Setting up email account in various email clients. Familiarity with a broad range of setting and configurations in a variety of email clients
- Testing, packaging and programming modems, routers and netbooks
- Monitoring and responding to customer voicemails and emails
- Familiarity with computer hardware and/or electronics
- Customer service background
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Internet-related applications, such as e-mail clients, FTP clients, and web browsers
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized
- Experienced with hardware and software troubleshooting
- Excellent communication (both oral and written), dependability, and flexibility are key
This job is part-time, averaging 15-18 hours per week after training.
How to apply:
Submit resume to email@example.com
Summer Sales Intern – 2020
Potential to earn $10,000+ THIS SUMMER selling VTel’s Fiber Internet, HD Phone, Video and VTel Wireless 4G LTE.
- Start Date: May 1st, 2020 or later (will work with candidate)
- End Date: August 31st, 2020 or sooner (will work with candidate)
Summer Sales Interns will work with Vermont Telephone Company and VTel Wireless to sell dynamic, state-of-the-art telecommunication technologies, including, but not limited to: fiber optic internet, television, HD phone and 4G LTE home and mobile internet solutions. This is a full-time, paid opportunity. Accepted sales interns will have direct interaction with our customers and vendors as they develop and execute their own communication skills, as well as learn innovative and intricate sales techniques. In addition to selling our products in a variety of settings, which will include limited travel and phone/email sales, interns will research and formally report on market opportunities, observe routine sales, marketing and development presentations/meetings, and assist business systems with improvement initiatives.
Sales Interns will be paid an hourly base wage, plus a generous commission structure which will tie into weekly and monthly quotas. Interns are expected to work 10am-7pm/daily, Monday-Friday.
• Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
• Assist with execution of trade shows
• Assist in routine door-to-door sales and door knocking
• Practice cold calling, when needed
• Attend, assist in the planning of, and execute promotional events
• Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity
• Provide support to social media efforts
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Prepare presentations
• A naturally charismatic, outgoing, college student who has completed their Freshman Year of College and graduating within the next three years or enrolled in a two-year program and have or will have completed 30 credit hours by May 20th, 2020.
• An applicant who is not afraid of hard work and enjoys being in a busy sales office as well as independently in the field. Specifically, we are seeking someone who is comfortable with multitasking and can manage multiple deadlines, as well as being comfortable working under pressure.
• Valid driver’s license is required, as well as reliable transportation to and from work.
• Applications must include a resume and letter of interest.
• Applicants are most preferred in fields of: Marketing, Business, Communications, Economics, although all applicants are welcome.
• If you are an upcoming college senior and graduating within 6 to 8 months, please let us know. We may have a unique ability to adapt this internship to a formal role.
How to apply:
Submit resume to the Business Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Help your neighbors AND make extra money this summer?
VTel Wireless is a family-owned company that has built an advanced-technology 4G/LTE rural Vermont wireless Internet network, and we’re looking for a few friendly Vermonters who know the streets and country roads of their Vermont home-towns. Make $1,000 a month or more. Pick your own hours. Drive your own vehicles. Wear a VTel Wireless t-shirt. Teachers, students, farmers, professionals, or entire school baseball teams are all welcome. Help make rural Vermont a better place.*
We want you to drive along your nearby streets with a VTel Wireless lightweight and portable modem, where your neighbors want more, faster, better Internet. Check for strong wireless signal strength. Knock on doors to recruit new customers, host a meeting at your church, invite your local library to lend out VTel Wireless modems, set up a lemonade stand; whatever works! Make $50 per new customer, get some fresh air, and have fun.
How to apply:
Email Kristen Bruso, at email@example.com or call: 802-885-7770.
*VTel is not seeking to hire employees or enter into employment relationships with individuals who respond to this ad. Each individual will be asked to sign an agreement clarifying the terms of the relationship between the individual and VTel before selling may begin.