October is Cybersecurity Awareness Month, a reminder to prioritize online safety in our increasingly digital lives. Here are concise yet vital steps to keep you secure online:
2. Use Strong Passwords: Create unique, complex passwords for all accounts to deter attacks.
3. Use Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Activate 2FA for an added layer of protection.
4. Update Software: Regularly update your software to fix security flaws. Consider scheduling regular updates to automate the process.
5. Beware of Phishing: Always verify emails and websites before clicking links, opening PDFs or sharing personal data.
6. Use a VPN: Encrypt your internet connection for enhanced privacy.
7. Backup Your Data: Regularly back up your files to prevent data loss.
8. Monitor Financial Accounts Closely: Don’t always rely on fraud alerts — actively review your financial statements and online accounts to ensure accuracy.
9. Update your Anti-Virus Protection: In 2023, there are many options for anti-virus protection solutions and not all of them are costly, here are some free recommendations:
10. Share this Information with Others: Everyone’s tech literacy varies and that’s why it’s so important to help educate others on how to stay safe online. Take a moment to share these tips with friends and family.